WIELKOPOLSKA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY
PARTNER OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP
Support the development of enterprises and effectively represent the interests of regional micro, small and medium-sized companies.
GOALS OF WIELKOPOLSKA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY:
- Representing and protecting the economic interests of the members of the Chamber.
- Cultivating the Greater Poland’s economy of thriftiness, promoting and supporting entrepreneurship as the basis for the economic development.
- Providing the members of the Chamber with assistance in solving economic, organizational and legal problems related to the prosperity of their business activities.
- Cooperation with state and local government bodies in the field of creating favorable conditions for business activity.
- Enabling the economic cooperation of the Chamber’s members with foreign countries.
- Upholding the good commercial practices in relations between the members of the Chamber.
- Conducting of cultural, educational, training, sports and tourist activities as well as social activities aimed at integrating economic circles.
- Working towards the increase of the competitiveness and innovation of the enterprises from the Greater Poland Voivodeship.
Even before the democratic turn in Poland, initiated by the victory of Solidarity on June 4, 1989, the seeds for the development of an individual entrepreneurship have been born. At that time, private entrepreneurs, operating in the form of commercial companies, decided to take matters in their own hands and establish an organization that would not only represent them but also protect them. The initial intention of the founding entrepreneurs was to establish a chamber of commerce, but the then regulations did not allow the existence of such an organization therefore they have decided to unite into an association. After two years of struggle for registration, in March 1989 the “Greater Poland Economic Society – Union of Profit Companies” was finally established and obtained its legal status.
After the entry of the Act on Chambers of Commerce into force the companies previously associated in the “GPEC” established the Wielkopolska Chamber of Commerce and Industry (WCCI). On October 10, 1989, the District Court in Poznań registered the Chamber under the number “1”. In 2016, on February 29, a branch of the Chamber was established in Gniezno, and on June 12, 2019 in Międzychód. Wojciech Kruk has been the President of the Chamber since 1996. The entities inextricably linked with WCCI are the following:
- The Court of Arbitration of the Chambers and Economic Organizations of Wielkopolska was established on June 11, 2007 and is the largest arbitration court in Greater Poland Voivodeship.
- Wielkopolska Center of Arbitration and Mediation in Poznań (WCAM), the main goal of the Center’s activity is to facilitate business transactions by increasing the availability of amicable, out-of-court dispute resolution methods.
- Employers of Poland district of Wielkopolska is an employers’ association operating along with WCCI. It is a regional branch of a nationwide organization. Its President is Tomasz Działyński.